At the age of 30, the skin begins to change, and the marks of passing years appear on the face. This happens, among others due to collagen losses. What to do to prevent this?
Collagen is a very important protein for connective tissue constituting up to 70% of its mass. The human body is able to produce at least 28 different types of collagen, but it is collagen type I and III that is important for health and beautiful appearance of the skin.
It is key to maintaining the elasticity of the skin, which is why any loss of collagen affects the appearance of wrinkles, loss of firmness and moisture level of the skin.
The regenerative capacity of collagen decreases with age
Collagen is a structural protein that is formed in special cells called fibroblasts, in the dermis layer. Fibroblasts also produce other structural elements, i.e. elastin and hyaluronic acid.
Both the formation and degradation of collagen take place in the dermis. Enzymes are responsible for degradation, while collagen repairs and replaces damaged cells or builds new cellular structures throughout our lives.
Over the years, the enzymes that are responsible for collagen degradation become more and more active, and the production of collagen by fibroblasts decreases. As a result, skin aged 80 shows four times more damaged collagen than skin aged 21-30.
Collagen peptides stimulate the skin to increase collagen production
Over the past decade, interest has increased significantly in what we can do to maintain a constant level of collagen in the skin, prevent its degradation, and stimulate its synthesis in aging skin. Studies have shown that collagen synthesis can be stimulated by peptides obtained from natural collagen sources.
Collagen peptides are easily digestible proteins. These proteins are not quickly absorbed by the human digestive system, so only their enzymatic breakdown into small peptides is a guarantee that it will be easily absorbed by the body.
Collagen peptides in our collagen products are very easily digested and absorbed by the body. After ingestion, they are further broken down into smaller peptides that are "attracted" by fibroblasts.
Effective action proved by research
Several studies over the past ten years on fibroblasts in the human body have shown that collagen peptides stimulate the body to produce its own collagen by activating fibroblasts.
These studies have shown that a daily intake of 2.5 to 10 g collagen peptides for a period of 4 to 12 weeks positively affects the level of hydration, elasticity, smoothing wrinkles and skin firmness.
- Proksch, E. Schunck, M. Zague, V. Segger, D. Degwert, J. and Oesser, S. (2014). Oral intake of specific collagen peptides reduces skin wrinkles and increases dermal matrix synthesis. Skin Pharmacol. Physiol., Vol 27, Iss. 3, 113-119.
- Choi, S.Y., Ko, E.J., Lee, Y.H., Kim, B.G., Shin, H.J., Seo, D.B., Lee, S.J., Kim, B.J. and Kim M.N.(2013). Effect of collagen tripeptide supplement on skin properties: A prospective, randomize, controlled study. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy – online ahead of print.
- Kantor, I. Donikyan, L.A. Simon, E. and Wollschlaeger, B. (2002). Results of a study evaluating the use of a dietary supplement formula in the management of age-related skin changes in women with moderate to severe wrinkling of the periorbital area. The Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association, Vol. 5, Iss. 2, 10-19.
- Proksch, E. Segger, D. Degwert, J. Schunck, M. Zague, V. and Oesser, S. (2014). Oral supplementation of specific collagen peptides has beneficial effects on humanskin physiology: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Skin Pharmacol. Physiol., Vol. 27, Iss. 1, 47-55.
- Ohara, H. Ito, K. Lida, H. and Matsumoto, H. (2009). Improvement in the moisture content of the stratum conreum following 4 weeks of collagen hydrolysate Ingestion. Nippon Shokuhln Kagaku Kogaku Kaishi (J. Soc. Food Scl. Technol.) Vol. 56, Iss. 3, 137-145.
Dodatkowe informacje: suplementy diety nie mogą być stosowane jako substytut zróżnicowanej diety. Dla zachowania prawidłowego stanu zdrowia duże znaczenie ma zbilansowana i zróżnicowana dieta oraz zdrowy tryb życia. Nie należy stosować u dzieci, kobiet w ciąży i matek karmiących piersią lub w przypadku nadwrażliwości na którykolwiek ze składników produktu.
Przechowywanie: suplement diety należy przechowywać w miejscu niedostępnym dla małych dzieci, w oryginalnym opakowaniu, w temperaturze pokojowej, chroniąc od światła i wilgoci.
Składniki: hydrolizat białka kolagenu, witamina C (kwas L-askorbinowy) 6%, kwas hialuronowy (hialuronian sodu) 4%
Masa netto 250g